Directs and manages the operations of assigned areas in accordance with the objectives of the department, facility, and American Nurses Association (ANA) Standards of Care and Professional Performance. Responsible for the overall management of the department daily operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal accountability, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives, as established by the administrative leadership team. Responsible for staff performance, provision of high quality patient care, and meeting safety standards in accordance with company and regulatory requirements. Responsible for directing staff education and competency. Contributes to relationship building with patients, families, physicians, vendors, and others to promote growth and volume for the department.
· BSN required, MSN desired/preferred. Current BLS.
· Five or more years of progressive leadership experience at manager and director level of an ED with more than 25,000 annual visits
· Proven track record on throughput metrics such as time to triage, time to MSE, time to discharge
· Proven track record with ED customer service initiatives driving improvements in patient experience.
· Proven track record of novel and sustainable approaches to issues which plague EDs such as holding, psychiatric care, secure environment
· Proven track record of high staff engagement and involvement of staff
· Must possess positive attitude and excellent communication skills with staff, patients and physicians as well as external stakeholders.
Managers and Directors
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Hilton Head Hospital