Orients to the planning and provision of nursing care to patients in the step down unit. Accurately interprets ECG rhythm and manages care of patients during life threatening emergencies in populations served. Orientates to the supervision and delegation of care responsibilities to ancillary personnel commensurate with their scope of practice.
(1) Current CA RN License
(2) Current BLS Certificate
(3) Successful completion of Basic Dysrhythmia Course
(4) Current ACLS Certificate; New Grad RN must obtain ACLS within 6 months of hire
(1) Completion of Critical Care Course.
(2) Required cardiovascular nursing knowledge and skills applicable to the care of post-coronary intervention and open heart patients during their rehab & discharge phase of their hospitalization.
(3) Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment/critical thinking, and good oral and written communication skills.
(4) Ability to work with multiple tasks in a team setting utilizing interpersonal, organizational and prioritizing skills.
(5) Able to supervise and delegate care responsibilities to ancillary personnel commensurate with their scope of practice.
San Luis Obispo, California
Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center