Demonstrate the mission, values and philosophy of MacNeal Hospital. Practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge, experience and critical thinking skills. Assist Nurse Manager with daily operations of the unit by providing employee supervision, quality improvement activities, and immediate follow-up to patient, physician and employee issues.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidates with an Associate’s Degree may be considered if they are currently enrolled in an BSN program, or will enroll within six (6) months of hire, and will complete within two (2) years.
- One (1) year of prior clinical experience in a management role is highly desirable.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Board Certified in Area of Specialty within six (6) months of hire.
- Membership in professional nursing organization or council/chapter encouraged; demonstrate proficiency in physical assessment and clinical nursing practice.
- Ability to speak and write English to the extent necessary for safe and efficient performance of the job.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and ability necessary to provide direct/indirect services (consultation and resource) to nursing staff, physicians, patients, students and community members