The ED Tech acts as the primary technical resource for the charge nurse and other satff members for the nursing unit. Transports patients and lab specimens as needed. Assists in stocking and ordering of supplies, entering patient information, orders and charges in the Order Communication System, and cleaning of ED Equipment. Takes vital signs and helps placing patients on monitors, may draw labs, applies splints as directed and other patient care duties assigned by the Charge Nurse. The ED Tech may also be responsible for communication between the Triage and ED, greeting patients as they enter the ED, directing them to triage, keeping the patients informed of wait times, assisting Registration and ED staff in completing the initial registration process when needed and assisting patients for a seamless transition from entry to the ED point of service.
1. High School or GED equivalent preferred
2. EMT/CNA or related experience preferred.
1. Minimum of 6 months experience with EMS or CNA or related experience preferred.
1. Current BLS certification.
2. Current ACLS certification preferred.
Hardeeville, South Carolina
Coastal Carolina Medical Center