Coordinates all systems related to the acute stroke center program. Collaborates within facility with Stroke Center Medical Director and other key Stroke Team members. Measures indicators for clinical outcome measurement within acute stroke population. Monitors adherence to established protocols for stroke management including evidenced-based care protocols and patient/physician/community education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates and facilitates the local Stroke Team with the Stroke Center Medical Director/Champion.
2. Coordinates and assures implementation of acute stroke diagnosis and treatment response with the core Stroke Team members.
3. Develops and maintains clinical protocols; updates as necessary to reflect current evidence-based practice.
4. Monitors adherence to protocols, tracks variances from protocols and reports outcome data to Local Stroke Team, appropriate System teams, and various internal and external parties, including the Joint Commission in accordance with the established Performance Improvement Plan,
5. Analyzes, interprets and makes treatment recommendations based on outcome measurement results.
6. Ensures compliance with the Joint Commission Disease Specific Care Certification standards to maintain certification and completion of all intracycle reports, coordinating submission to the accrediting body within WSMC leadership within required time frame.
7. Serves as a clinical expert to hospital staff personnel and other health care professionals within the organization and community for complex or highly specialized patient care cases.
8. Participates in the identification of learning needs; coordination of planning, and implementation; and compliance with monitoring of educational programs for Core Stroke Team members, the Emergency Department staff/physicians, Emergency Medical Services personnel and those areas involved in stroke care and employees/physicians throughout the hospital.
9. Facilitates the planning and implementation of annual community and outreach programs for stroke awareness and prevention promotion, coordinating efforts within WSMC.
Current Illinois RN license, CRRN, CCRN or AANN
CNRN preferred. BSN required. Stroke experience preferred.
Oak Park, Illinois
West Suburban Medical Center