• Accurately takes and records vital signs, blood pressure, heights/lengths, weights, head circumferences as instructed by physician. Assists with other office procedures as requested. Processes any specimens accurately.
• Coordinates flow of patients, places patients in exam rooms and notifies physicians and nurses when ready.
• Maintains exam rooms and equipment. Cleans up exam room, changes paper, cleans equipment, restocks supplies and discards trash after each patient. Maintains sufficient inventory of medical supplies. Orders supplies as needed.
• Ensures cleanliness of office suite, adheres to JCAHO, OSHA and all other regulatory guidelines.
• Ensures all results and clinical reports are filed in chart for review. Calls offices for reports and records as needed.
• Assists with office work including, filing, chart copying, answering telephones and tracking and following up on no-show appointments to the clinic. Calls patients, informs physician and documents on chart.
• Assists with the scheduling process as necessary.
• Works with/in E HR as directed by physician.
Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrates ability
• Enjoys working with children
• Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks and assignments
• Demonstrates active involvement as a team member
• Must have the ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, developmental, social, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the practice.
Training & Education:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Graduate from accredited medical assistant program
• Medical assistant certification (CMA)
• Pediatric experience preferred, bilingual (Spanish) preferred
• Previous experience with E HR preferred
• Completion of Medical Assistant training from an accredited school
• Registration and/or certification required
8 Hour Day