LPN/LVN needed for Staff Macneal Physician Services, Berwyn Illinois
General Summary: A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Direct patient to proper exam/treatment room; prepare patients for examinations and other procedures, complete H&Ps and take vitals
5. Assist physician with procedures as directed, when necessary, remove sutures and apply steri-strips, collect, label and document specimens and transport to laboratory for frozen sections, log all biopsy results; send copy to appropriate physician. Mix medications, give injections and is competent with IVs.
6. Instruct patients in all appropriate procedures
7. Maintain, clean and/or sterilize medical equipment and instruments
8. Utilize electronic health record for patient work-ups and tasks assigned
9. Order and maintain inventories of supplies; set up stock areas for daily use; clean exam rooms between patient visits
10. Evaluate daily schedules to accommodate patient flow; obtain necessary charts and charge tickets
11. Post test results and physician dictation in patient charts; complete charge tickets, if necessary
12. Receive chart requests and arrange transfer to other clinic departments
13. Perform other tasks as assigned
Education: High school diploma/GED and completion of an accredited nursing program
Current State LVN/LPN nursing license.
Current CPR certification.
Experience: Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience working in a physician office.
Other Requirements: None
1. Basic understanding of medical terminology.
2. Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
3. Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
4. Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
5. Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
6. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
1. Skill in problem solving.
2. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
3. Skill in verbal and written communication.
4. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
5. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
6. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
7. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
8. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
2. Ability to administer IV and Injections appropriately.
3. Ability to mix medications.
4. Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments.
5. Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions.
6. Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
7. Ability to read, interprets, and apply policies and procedures.
8. Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
9. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
10. Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Medical office equipment/devices as well as standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lit office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves standing, bending, crouching or stooping approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or sitting the remainder, using computers and telephones. Ability to push, pull or lift objects greater than 50 pounds. Must have ability to hear/ascertain heart, breath and bowel sounds. Must be able to visually discern pumps and monitors. Must be able to write legibly.
Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Staff MacNeal Phys Group