As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 700 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a Health Plan Enrollment Representative!
The Health Plan Enrollment Representative will be responsible for assisting individuals with the completion of electronic or paper applications to establish eligibility, enroll in coverage through the Marketplaces and potentially qualify for an insurance affordability program. This role will provide information to those seeking assistance in an accurate, fair and impartial manner without regard to insurance plan preference.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Assist patients and healthcare consumers by providing information regarding the health insurance marketplace and the Affordable Care Act as well as provide guidance and application enrollment assistance in qualified health plans that are offered through the marketplace/exchanges.
- Provide enrollment assistance support at hospital sponsored patient outreach and education events to facilitate the enrollment of healthcare consumers in qualified health plans offered through the Federal or state based health insurance marketplace/exchange
- Answer all correspondence (phone, email, mail, etc.) directed to the Counselor pertaining to the health insurance marketplace and the Affordable Care Act in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate reporting data to track service performance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with patients, hospital staff personnel and individual healthcare consumers
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to patients, hospital administration/staff and the general public
- Provide outstanding customer service to all patients, hospital staff, co-workers and all other healthcare consumers
- Knowledge of government programs eligibility and hospital registration processes
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to Federal, State and County programs
- Knowledge of and adherence to all privacy and security rules in accordance with 45 C.F.R. §155.260 regarding patient or healthcare consumer information
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office experience.
- Must be motivated, a self-starter, reliable and team player
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficiency
- Ability to work independently
- Must embrace company vision, mission & values and demonstrate understanding of Conifer culture
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High school diploma required
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Some college with or equivalent of at least 2 years of professional experience in patient advocacy, social work, government program eligibility, healthcare customer service or related discipline preferred
- Working knowledge of healthcare plan products (E.G. Aetna, BC/BS, Coventry, Anthem, etc)