As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
This job is responsible for ensuring all appropriate billing charges are being captured, documented, charged and reimbursed for the assigned department in accordance with policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory standards and requirements. Focuses on work unit and/or service-line reconciliation processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
· Ensures accurate and timely charge-capture methodologies are in place; reconciles charges against source documents to ensure that charges have been captured completely and accurately; monitors compliance with internal standards and procedures, and reports non-compliance issues to proper authority.
· Identifies errors and/or omissions, works with appropriate staff/team members to ensure that revisions/corrections forwarded and incorporated in processing systems in timely manner.
· Provides training to staff engaged in billing data entry and related charge capture/ reconciliation activities to ensure procedures are understood and that charges booked are timely, appropriate, accurate, complete and properly documented.
· Other duties as assigned could include coordination with CDM team/system, edits/holds, simple report generation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of the accepted principles, practices and tools relating to general healthcare
· billing, cost accounting and reimbursement.
· Knowledge of policies, standards and methodologies pertaining to charge capture and
· reconciliation, reporting, documentation and general compliance.
· Ability to recognize, research, and correct charging/documentation discrepancies.
· Knowledge of the standards and regulatory requirements applicable to matters within
· designated scope of authority, including medical/legal issues.
· Working knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations, and health care
· nomenclature and systems.
· Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an
· acceptable level of proficiency.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties
· of the position.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
· One to three years recent directly related work experience in a healthcare environment or
· Significant exposure to healthcare revenue cycle
· High School graduate or equivalent required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
· Ability to travel
· Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus
settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· ? Office Work Environment
· ? Hospital Work Environment
Devils Lake, North Dakota
8 Hour Day