The SurgiNet Database System Administrator (SNDBA) will provide support in the implementation, integration, and ongoing evolution of surgical information systems at the hospital. This individual serves as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments, and Information Technology (IT) to align clinical and IT standards with department workflow, processes, and policies. The SNDBA acts as a change agent for hospital leaders and clinicians to promote adoption of new processes and technologies and achievement and sustainment of expected benefits and is comfortable in moving the organization out of its comfort zone to achieve excellence. The SNDBA demonstrates a clear understanding of the Tenet standards and Applied Clinical Informatics (ACI) vision and guiding principles and can articulate the big clinical picture to hospital audiences.
Skills & Abilities:
· Exceptional relationship management skills and professional demeanor. Must be regarded as a role model to elevate the role of Clinical Informatics at the hospital and within Tenet.
· Experience in organizational/behavior change management methodologies or principles; passion for excellence and ability to move the organization out of their comfort zone to achieve excellence.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a customer service focus
· Effective organizational, research, time management and priority setting skills
· Experience in conducting evaluations and assessments, i.e. change readiness assessments, workflow optimization assessments, etc.
· Strong conceptual skills, with demonstrated knowledge and skill in problem-solving, decision-making and critical-thinking
· Demonstrated ability to function both autonomously and collaboratively within a team; networks with colleagues and industry forums to leverage knowledge
· Good understanding of Tenet clinical standards and integration of technology
· Vision – sees the big picture and can represent Tenet standards and ACI vision & guiding principles
· Competent user of Microsoft Office products
Training & Education:
Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred. Master’s degree in a related health care field an asset, but not required.
Clinical experience in an acute care setting. RN with OR experience
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children