In collaboration with a collaborating physician in the Section of Hospital Medicine the Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) is professionally responsible for direct patient care and follow-up as necessary of a population of patients that matches her/his scope of practice. Essential competencies of the role include understanding and application of evidence based clinical practice, professional development, interpersonal communication, and quality improvement.
Skills & Abilities:
As an integral member of the section of Hospital Medicine the CRNP will:
• Systematically assess the patient’s health status by obtaining an accurate history and physical examination
• Develop and implement evidenced based medical management in collaboration with a designated attending physician through the selection of appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescription of medications according to formulary and clinical pathway guidelines, rapid recognition and response to changes in the patient’s clinical condition, demonstrated proficiency in procedural skills, and evaluation of the patient’s response to the plan of care
• Communicate effectively with the family/caregiver and other providers regarding clinical findings and the recommended plan of care
• Facilitate a multidisciplinary approach to patient/family centered care through consultations and referrals
• Coordinate transitions in care with designated providers.
• Collaborate effectively with all members of the healthcare team
• Demonstrate accurate and timely documentation of care in the electronic medical record
• Participate in on-going professional performance evaluation
• Maintain clinical/professional competencies and certifications as determined by institutional and state requirements
• Assist in the education of learners from a variety of healthcare disciplines
The clinical needs of the department may require off-shift responsibility by the Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner with rotation to days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Training & Education:
The candidate will be a graduate of an accredited, State Board-approved master’s or postmaster’s nurse practitioner program or other State Board-approved programs that award an advanced degree or a course of study considered by the State Board to be equivalent to that required for certification in the is Commonwealth at the time the course was completed.
Recent professional experience in an advanced practice role is preferred.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
The candidate shall hold a current, unrestricted license as a professional nurse (Registered Nurse, RN) in this Commonwealth.
The candidate shall hold current National certification in the specialty which matches the population of patients in her/his scope of practice. National certification is obtained from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB). The candidate shall hold National certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner/Acute Care [PNP-AC], or be dually certified as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner/ Primary Care and Acute Care [PNP-PC/AC].
The candidate when acting in collaboration with a supervising physician shall hold a Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in the Commonwealth in agreement with the Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner’s (CRNP) specialty. The Certificate of Prescriptive Authority with the supervising physician cannot be utilized until the candidate’s first day of employment at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. The CRNP shall maintain a written and signed agreement with a collaborating physician which will be maintained in the Medical Executive Office and renewed every two years as per the credentialing and privileging requirements of the Medical Executive Committee.
The CRNP will maintain a National Provider Indentifier (NPI) number.
Requirements for Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Registration will be determined between the collaborating physician and the CRNP.
Current certification in the American Heart Association Basic Life Support, Pediatric Life Support, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Exempt 80 Hour Pay Period