As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. We empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring!
Responsible for greeting customers and providing assistance with Registration and Bed Control. Conducts patient/guarantor interviews, explains hospital policies, financial responsibilities, privacy practices and patient bill of rights. Ensures that pre-certification and/or authorization are obtained, patient liabilities are collected, and appropriate bed assignments are made.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Others may be assigned.
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate demographic and financial information from a variety of sources, including patient interviews, physician offices and in-house departments. Perform required pre-certification, credit referral or deposit collection. Enters data in computer and thoroughly documents any incomplete admissions/registrations in manner prescribed.
- Utilize all technology appropriately and in accordance with regulations, compliance and performance standards.
- Notify patients, family members, physicians and/or supervisors of network insurance coverage issues that may result in coverage reduction. Notifies patients of co-payments, deductibles or deposits needed and collects the liability, when applicable, documenting all information in computer system.
- Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/printer.
- Customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Includes minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
- 0 – 1 year administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred.
- Some college coursework is preferred.
Devils Lake, North Dakota
Conifer - Devils Lake, ND
8 Hour Day