|As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Patient Services Center Representative II is responsible for creating a positive patient experience by accurately and efficiently handling the day to day operations relating to financial clearance activities. This includes adherence to the department’s policies and procedures related to the verification of eligibility/benefits, pre-authorization requirements, available payment options, financial counseling and other identified financial clearance related duties. The Representative will work under the guidance of the Financial Clearance Supervisor and will be responsible for timely escalating financial clearance issues to the Supervisor or above leadership.
- Verify medical benefits and eligibility with payors and calculate patient liability collection amounts
- Completes the whole patient financial clearance process; including educating patients on liability and collection of patient liabilities due
- Completes all account documentation and enters the correct activity code when required
- Secures insurance authorizations for services and updates account accordingly
- Performs payment reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial & cash control policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Ability to work in multiple systems, support multiple facilities, and if appplicable support other financial clearance teams
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
- Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements required
- Understanding of Compliance standards required
- Must be able to perform essential job duties with at least two Patient Service Center teams
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders, medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Conifer Standards of Care.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service skills with basic typing ability and working knowledge of a Windows based computer environment
- 2+ years of experience in a call center environment or similar customer service experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college coursework is preferred
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approximately 5% travel may be required
238-Conifer - Dallas - TX