As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. We empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring!
Demonstrates knowledge of departmental financial clearance and displays Patient Access leadership skills to lead a wide range of duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include but not limited to arranging support Hospital services requested by patients through referrals, performs thorough analysis of admission discharge transfers (ADT), Revenue Cycle Reports , drive team performance accountability , leads shift Patient Access Operations, collaborates with Department leaders in process and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Others may be assigned.
- Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care, provides world-class customer service, completes full patient registration at date of service adheres to financial & cash control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives, Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information, create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming Hospital services.
- Provides full patient financial counseling, education & referrals, employs and completes all patient liability collection escalations through proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial & cash control policies & procedures.
- Secures medical necessity checks/verification in accordance to Centers for Medicare & Medicare services, verifies insurance, benefits, coverage & eligibility, completes assigned registration financial clearance work lists activities, obtains insurance authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospital services, and secures inpatient visit notification to payors.
- Performs thorough analysis of admission discharge transfers (ADT), Revenue Cycle Reports, completes departmental operational reports based on team performance accountability, leads shift Patient Access Operations, and collaborates with Department leaders in process and operational excellence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- High level working knowledge of all Software, programs and equipment
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
- Advance Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Advanced Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Advanced Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
- Advanced Patient Liability Collection performance and high achievement in productivity.
- Must be crossed trained in all Patient Access service areas.
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient relations and shorten the time it takes to handle registration processes.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Includes minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 2-4 year college degree in Business, Accounting, Medical Administration or related area preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area.
- 3– 5 years of experience in Patient Access preferred.
- 1 – 2 years in supervisory or lead role preferred.
Des Moines, IA, Iowa
Conifer - Des Moines, IA