As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. We empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring!
Responsible for accurately scheduling diagnostic and/or surgical procedures. Conducts physician office/patient interviews, and explains hospital procedure guidelines and policies. Coordinates with clinical departments on schedule modifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Others may be assigned.
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate clinical, demographic and financial information during the scheduling process. Enters data in scheduling system or other applications. Provides the customer with prep and other appointment instructions.
- Follows guidelines for special requests/Stat/schedule modification procedures and coordinates communications with clinical areas to accommodate the customers’ requests.
- Answers telephone calls according to designated scripting for the scheduling process. Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
- Notifies customer of physician order, pre-authorization and other financial clearance requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software/system/equipment.
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred.
- Advanced Customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a Call center environment.
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications.
- Advanced understanding in surgery procedure scheduling preferred.
- High achievement in productivity.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient relations and shorten the time it takes to handle scheduling processes.
- This position requires high-level problem solving and analytical skills, technical accuracy, excellent communication skills and the highest ethical standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Includes minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 2-5 year administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area.
- 3+ years in Patient Access/Scheduling preferred.
- Some college coursework is preferred.
Lisbon, North Dakota
Conifer - Lisbon, ND