As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. We empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring!
This position is responsible for advanced clerical functions within the Health Information Management department. The HIM Specialist II will have an understanding of privacy and security issues related to patient information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following; Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble medical records in the approved record order and remove all duplicate or non-legal medical record material.
- Analyze medical records for completion and assign deficiencies as needed.
- Fill out birth certificate in accordance with state law including contact with mothers and father within facility specific timeframe.
- Assist internal and outside agencies with information regarding patient records ensuring request are prioritized appropriately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Privacy and Security – demonstrates an understanding of the importance of providing privacy and security of all patient information
- Vital Statistics – birth certificate and paternity acknowledgement
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Includes minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED required
- Preferred: Two (2) years of experience in a hospital Health Information Management department
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA Certification
238-Conifer - Dallas - TX
8 Hour Day