As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance to our clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers - hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers - to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for an HIM Specialist!
This position is an entry level position responsible for clerical duties with in the Health Information Management department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Prints Admission/Discharge/Transfer log daily and retrieves medical records from various locations and ensures records are accounted for by using the ADT log. All records must be accounted for
- Print all final reports for each record retrieved and pull medical record chart that corresponds to the medical record retrieved
- Pull all medical record requested by hospital departments for patient care purposes
- File all medical record charts in permanent file according to the facilities terminal filing system. All charts will be filed by the end of each shift
- Research all loose reports and locate corresponding medical record for proper filing
- Pull charts for physicians as they request their records for completion
- Pull medical records for all special studies as requested
- Answer all phone calls in a timely manner
- Assists customers as needed with courtesy and respect
- Ensure the privacy and security of patient information
Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Includes minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital Health Information Management department
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred: RHIT Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse to perform coding assignments
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
- Pleasant inside environment
- Light physical effort
- Intense mental concentration stress
- Subject to exposure to infectious conditions and minor hazards such as muscle sprains, cuts, and bruises
238-Conifer - Dallas - TX
8 Hour Day