• Performs 9 Step Cleaning Procedure
o Knocks on Patient room door and greet Patients and Guests, introduce Yourself (Smile)
o Pull Trash and Linen (Remove Liners, disinfect can, reline all waste containers)
o High Dust (High dust everything above shoulder level or out of reach and never over a patient)
o Damp Wipe (Using disinfectant, wipe everything you are able to reach)
o Dust Mop Floor (Dust behind/under all furniture, move whatever possible)
o Clean Restroom (Stock supplies)
o Damp Mop (Use wet floor signs)
o Inspect the Room (Report any repairs needed and correct any deficiencies)
o Engage patients/parents, ask if any further assistance is desired
1) Cleans occupied and unoccupied patient rooms in a timely manner.
2) Provides cleaning services to patient areas, clinics, restrooms, baths, showers, nursing stations, utility rooms, offices, lounges, labs, waiting areas, corridors, elevators, stairwells, etc. other areas in the hospital complex.
3) Cleans and maintains work area, janitor’s closets and equipment daily.
4) Removal of all bulk waste materials; operation of waste disposal equipment, including the sani pak system.
5) Operates cleaning equipment; vacuums, automatic floor care system, rotos, burnishers, extractors, snow shovel, salt spreader.
6) Doing project cleaning tasks; such as lights, windows, curtain replacement, furniture, walls, hard surfaces, floors, carpet care, and occasional maintenance of grounds.
7) Transports furniture and equipment throughout hospital complex.
8) Prepares rooms, auditorium, conference rooms, and other areas for meetings and special events within the hospital complex.
9) Participates on the disaster preparedness team.
10) Participates on the snow removal and weather emergency teams.
11) Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hospital complex.
Skills & Abilities:
Able to perform general cleaning functions
Able to read and speak English
Training & Education:
High School graduate or equivalent
On the job training
Maintenance, Food Service,Housekeeping and Security
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children