The Referral Advisor Representative is responsible for managing ongoing data capture/analysis projects including the distribution of data collection instruments, data entry, data exporting and reporting as well as coordination of quality improvement projects providing support to patients and families served within the section of Immunology at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. This individual will coordinate care by linking patients and their families to services/resources in a coordinated effort to maximize the potential for optimal health care.
Duties may involve but are not limited to: planning treatment strategies; coordinating visits with sub specialists; organizing care to avoid duplication of diagnostic services; sharing information among health care professionals, facilitating access to services, training caregivers, education of local emergency medical service when a child lives in the community, ongoing reassessment and refinement of care plans.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Establish, engage and maintain relationships with patients, families and healthcare providers.
• Accompany patients to primary & sub-specialty care appointments as well as other healthcare and social services encounters (onsite and offsite).
• Create reports to identify lost of care and gaps in care for patients, both within St. Chris and at external facilities/clinics
• Participate in Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) certification for the section
• Coordinate ongoing navigation and logistical support for appointment scheduling and appointment reminders, transportation and other arrangements.
• Provide feedback to other members of the healthcare team based on observations in the field.
• Educate, coach and empower patients and families.
• Provide backup and coverage to other program staff to ensure smooth program operation and continuity of patient care.
• Assist in conducting social services and benefits re-assessments and follow-ups in maintaining up-to-date patient records.
• Complete & report all documentation and paperwork as assigned by section leadership in a timely fashion.
• Facilitate and generate all referrals.
• Contact insurance companies to obtain authorizations as needed.
• Working knowledge and proficiency in dealing with HMO insurances and third party payor’s managed care and referrals.
• Ensures that the proper areas are accessed in NextGen EPM/EHR at the time-of-service.
• Records, communicates and deliver all messages assuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Other data management projects and additional duties as assigned by section leadership.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle fast paced/stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Initiative and ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail/accuracy.
• Previous experience working in a fast paced physician practice preferred.
Required Licenses: None
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in medical office setting strongly preferred
• Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred