The primary objective of this position is to provide the full range of front desk operations in a busy medical practice as well as provide customer service to patients, families, physicians, and staff as needed. This position also serves to meet basic patient care / service needs and provides clerical functions for the Practice. Functions as a member of the Practice and promotes comfort and satisfaction using a customer driven process under the direct supervision of the Office Coordinator. Assists with maintaining confidentiality of all medical records/work place information and a clean working environment.
Skills & Abilities:
Obtains pre certification and/or authorization numbers for office visits, procedures, and laboratory tests.
• Ability to effectively utilize scheduling application.
• Customer service orientation and skills in problem solving.
• Effective communication and interpersonal behavior skills.
• Ability to respond to emergencies and unpredictable situations exercising good judgment.
• Demonstrates good organizational skills and attention to detail/accuracy.
• Knowledgeable of medical terminology.
• Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently.
• Clerical and record keeping skills.
• Ability to facilitate charge entry.
• Experience with ICD and CPT coding preferred.
Training & Education:
• High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Some college credits preferred.
Minimum two (2) years experience with scheduling systems and front desk responsibilities in a high volume fast paced medical practice. Knowledge of managed care organization procedures preferred
Required Licenses: None