As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management
, patient communication
s, and value-based care
solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a full time Patient Advocate.
Responsible for screening self-pay patients at hospital bedside for eligibility in various governmental and non-governmental programs. Responsible for identifying all sources of potential payers including auto insurance, Workers' Compensation, commercial insurance, private insurance, TPL, etc. to route account appropriately in the Patient Accounting environment. Also responsible for obtaining and completing the Confidential Financial Statement form and assisting patients in the process of applying for any benefits for which they may be eligible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Conducts interviews with patients and/or family members.
- Records and maintains complete documentation of activities performed on account while in-house and during the Patient accounting cycle.
- Performs financial clearance function including collections. Cancels accounts that have not had any patient cooperation and are not eligible for any programs and prepares accounts for Financial Assistance review.
- Follows up on MECS assigned accounts to ensure follow-through on Government application submitted. Develops a working relationship with patients, based on good communication skills, enabling accounts to be processed quickly with government program eligibility.
- Conducts field visits to patient homes for skip-tracing and or assisting patient with documents.
- Notifies hospital case management, social services and admissions staff of case screening determinations and outcomes via verbal and written communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working familiarity with the rules and regulations pertaining to Federal, State, and County programs
- P/C systems literate including Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word programs
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the clear understanding of the English language.
- Detail oriented, with strengths in dealing with multiple facilities, supervisors, and hospital platforms
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficiency
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with Social Services, Hospital Admitting, or related areas.
- Due to the possibility of daily travel to local facilities, proof of a valid driver's license and appropriate insurance may be required and subject to review.
8 Hour Day