As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for an HIM Director.
Responsible for developing and administering systems related to health information management including medical records maintenance, transcription, release of information, physician chart completion and regulatory assessments. This position is accountable for ensuring compliance with related regulations and standards established by State, Federal, accrediting and other regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
· Customer and Employee Satisfaction: Develops positive customer relationships by displaying professional and helpful behaviors, as well as mutual respect for patients, physicians, team members, visitors, and family/significant others. Communicates openly and honestly; following through with assignments; behaving in a fair and consistent manner; and supporting teamwork at all levels of the organization. Seeks opportunities to provide a positive working environment by celebrating accomplishments of the organization, self, and others; and helping to remove barriers to employee satisfaction. Strives to exceed patient satisfaction expectations and qualify and financial benchmarks.
· Medical Records: Directs and plans, develops and implements systems for documentation, storage and retrieval of health record information in accordance with accrediting and regulatory requirements.
· Confidentiality/Release of Information: Develops and enforces procedures to assure maintenance of medical, legal regulations and confidentiality of health record information including medical records and peer review/quality assessment/improvement.
· Data Collection Systems: Direct and coordinate development and implementation of systems necessary for timely and accurate collection of inpatient and outpatient billing data and statistical information. Direct processes to ensure appropriate coordination of special study/research project requests consistent with departmental activities/goals and objectives.
· Electronic Record and Legal Medical Record Assessment Mechanisms: Plan, develop and implement systems assessment. Develop and implement ongoing reviews to ensure regulatory and JCAHO compliance.
· Fiscal Management: Develops and adheres to annual departmental capital and operating budgets. Monitors and controls departmental expenditures.
· Personnel Management: Oversees personnel management of the department including employment decisions, counseling, personnel actions, manpower distribution and productivity, career development and performance appraisals.
· Technical Systems: Direct evaluation, selection and implementation of systems and /or system enhancement/redesign to effectively meet departmental and organization requirements and goals.
· Management of Information Standard Administrative Responsibility: Direct and coordinate maintenance of Management of Information Administration Policies Direct and coordinate compliance with Management of Information JCAHO standards.
· Privacy: Direct and evaluates compliance to privacy standards throughout CRI. Makes recommendations for compliance and assists with reviews.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense):
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) HIM Specialists, HIM Managers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Computer knowledge of MS Office.
· Must display excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to write reports with management review.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
· RHIT or RHIA required