Conifer is hiring a Collections / Commercial Insurance Representative in Tinley Park, IL
The primary purpose of the Collections Commercial Insurance Representative team is to pursue reimbursement of services rendered and achieve accounts receivable resolution. This team works through open accounts receivables (denials and delinquent accounts) by actively calling payer organizations or utilizing web-based connectivity. Team members manage accounts by utilizing the IDX Paperless Collection System and Epic follow-up work queues.
The core responsibilities of a Collections Commercial Insurance Representative is to perform collection follow-up steps with insurance carriers and/or patients regarding open accounts receivable and/or delinquent accounts to result in maximum cash collections for our clients. Specific tasks include resolving insurance carrier denials, appealing claims, contacting carriers on open accounts and responding to insurance carrier correspondence and/or inquiries. This position holds additional duties with respect to research, client contact and participation in employee training with possible exposure to multiple practice management systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contact insurance carriers through website, email or telephone to resolve outstanding accounts
• Analyze and resolve moderately complex insurance denials including coding review to prevent errors within appeals process
• Appeal and/or resubmit unresolved invoices to insurance carriers
• Research and respond to insurance correspondence
• Update registration information, post denial codes and adjustments in practice management systems
• Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues
• Analyze weekly denial reports to spot trends; assess opportunities to improve internal workflows
• Maintain internal logs (Excel format)
• Assist in employee training and mentorship
• Contact client for missing data elements or confirmation of information
• Others may be assigned.
As part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers, hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-4 years’ experience in healthcare collections and/or healthcare related field.
• Previous experience in Physician Office healthcare Collections preferred, willing to consider hospital collections exp.
• Previous experience with IDX or Epic medical billing systems preferred
• Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS codes
• Sharp intelligence of government payers and other commercial/managed care carrier rules and processes in a professional billing environment
• Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and recognize trends to effectively work A/R
• Solid skill with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
• Initiative to learn new tasks and the ability to apply acquired knowledge to future duties
• Flexibility, adaptability and accountability are necessary for optimum client results
Tinley Park, Illinois
Springfield Service Corp