Reporting to the Director and/or the Nurse Manager of the department and working under general supervision delivers comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. Follows the guidelines of the established nursing standards as well as the hospital policies and procedures. Works closely with and works as preceptors for nursing students.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidates with an Associate’s Degree may be considered if they are currently enrolled in an BSN program, or will enroll within six (6) months of hire, and will complete within three (3) years.
- One (1) to two (2) years of prior hospital experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- ACLS certification (Advance Life Support) as unit specific.
- Analytical ability necessary to assess the patient’s condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive care to patients.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients and their families, co-workers and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently under the pressure of stressful or emergency situations.
- Must be flexible to accommodate the needs of the unit including scheduling to ensure for proper coverage.
See Job Description
- Occasionally assists with the transporting of patients and equipment.
8 Hour Day